If you are already a fan of CBD (who isn’t by this point?), you’re about to be an even bigger advocate of the healthy cannabinoid. Introducing CBD chocolate chip cookies, the sweet treat that will satisfy your mid-day or late-night craving, all the while providing your body (and mind) with the tremendous wealth of anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety benefits.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is the ultra-therapeutic cannabinoid found in cannabis, providing individuals with all of the feel-good effects, minus the high. That’s right. CBD does not and can not give people a buzz or high, as the compound is non-psychoactive.
CBD is well-known for providing all kinds of relief, from reducing feelings of anxiety and depression to aiding in gut health to improving focus and boosting mood. Did we mention it’s natural?
This post is your CBD chocolate chip cookie recipe guide. We will go over what CBD chocolate chip cookies are, and how you can make your own.
Bon CBD appetit!
What are CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies?
CBD chocolate chip cookies are exactly what they claim to be — chocolate chip cookies with CBD.
But you need to use a water soluble CBD oil to make them. Here’s why: This specific kind of CBD oil was created for cooking and baking purposes. Water soluble CBD oils are bonded with organic vegetable glycerin, which creates that sweet (sugar free!) bioavailable CBD product you want.
Water soluble CBD aids in your metabolism, helps your digestive system and immune system function properly, improves mood and energy, and reduces anxiety and inflammation.
So, in order for you to claim a CBD chocolate chip cookie as a CBD chocolate chip cookie, it should contain a water soluble CBD oil to live up to its name.
Make Your Own CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies
The CBD cookies recipe is a delicious and easy recipe that will result in warm cookie goodness which provides convenient portion control and simple CBD dosing.
Before you go just dropping CBD oil into your egg and flour mix, read on to see the proper way to make your very own, homemade CBD cookies.
This is a surefire way to impress your friends, significant other and anyone else in your life. Providing homemade treats that pack a healthy punch? You will now be regarded as the trendy wellness homemaker. You’re welcome.
Here are the ingredients and directions!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup softened butter
- 0.5 oz unflavored, water soluble CBD oil or tincture
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp hot water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, for nut lovers)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place softened butter mixed with CBD tincture, brown sugar and white sugar into a bowl, and cream until smooth
- Beat in the eggs one at a time before softly stirring in vanilla extract
- Dissolve the baking soda into hot water, then add that mixture to the batter with salt
- Slowly stir in chocolate chips (nuts too, if you’re using those) and flour
- Drop large spoonfuls of the mixture onto ungreased pans and bake for 10 minutes (or until edges start to turn golden brown)
- CBD chocolate chip cookies rock
- When making your own CBD cookies, be sure to use a water soluble CBD oil
- Feel free to experiment with different CBD dosages as you perfect your CBD cookie recipe